Recent research into documentary evidence has established that New Hall was built c.1500 by the Savage family on land where the Methodist Church now stands. It was demolished in the late 1800s a few years before the Methodist Church was built.
2016 Exploratory Trench
Using an old photograph it was possible to estimate the position of a south-facing wall.It was very satisfying for all concerned to actually find it! Photography from a drone (courtesy of Roger Doonan, Sheffield University) gave us a birds eye view of the exploratory trench.